A Plan in Motion

I’ve been in a complete funk lately, y’all and it’s frustrating as all get out.

This move we made a few months back really through me for a loop and I feel like I’ve been upside down ever since. Off-kilter is probably a more accurate way to say that nothing seems to be right. 

Maybe it’s the fact that I know we’re living in limbo until next summer. Maybe it’s because most of our personal belongings are still in storage a few thousand miles away.  And maybe it has something to do with the fact that after months of pounding the pavement I am still out of work.

I’m sure it’s a combination of all of it however I don’t like this feeling of being unsettled and not making progress. I like knowing where I’m going and plotting out how to get from point A to B.  (absolutely drives The Hubs crazy! Poor guy!)

Nonetheless while I’ve been living in la-la limbo land, I’ve spent time evaluating my next step in life. You see, my life right now is one big upheaval in so many areas. Which on the one hand is completely mind boggling and on the other it’s rather freeing as it is giving me time to give careful consideration on what I’d like my next step to be.  To do a little day-dreaming if you will.

Enter my Vision Board. Now some of you may know them as dream boards but whatever you call them, they’re simply a fun way to take the items off of your bucket list and put them on a board so you can constantly be reminded of the things you’d like to do/see/accomplish in your life.

Here’s mine.

You’ll notice it’s a bit crazy looking at the moment and that’s because I’m in the cutting, clipping and organizing stage. I’ve broken the board into areas of personal health goals (like running a 5k and kayaking), professional goals (entering writing contests and finishing my book) as well as relationship goals with my family and friends.  You’ll also notice that I’ve got a handful of encouraging quotes, pictures of my mentors and bible verses tucked in to remind me that God is with me every step of the way.

I’m loving this HUGE reminder of what I can be working on while I wait for other areas of my life to change, like the job situation. The Vision Board is a constant reminder that there’s more to do, to enjoy and to develop as I progress through life and it’s not about simply waiting for that phone to ring. I can be productive in other areas of my life and accomplish other goals as I’m looking for work and talking with The Hubs about our goals for next summer.

Ya know what I love about this board so far? It’s working. Simply taking the time to define new goals, cut and clip out pictures has given me the courage to join a women’s running club which starts after the New Year. I’m excited but I’m also a bit scared, sports have never been my thing and frankly I have a very unsavory image of me running which I liken to a cat with socks on…horrible form and feet flying every which way…oh heaven help me!

Taking this first step towards a new goal has done wonders. I’m not so solely focused on why the phone isn’t ringing with prospective employers and it’s a gentle reminder to stay on track in other areas of my life like my writing.

So far, so good! Now, as they say, it’s back to the “drawing” Vision Board so I can finish this and post it above my desk.

How about you? Have you ever created a Vision or Dream Board? What were your results? I’d love to hear from you!

Until then,

Blessings and Best Wishes for a safe, healthy, prosperous and most adventurous 2016!
 photo signature_zpsb12c9ce6.png

No comments:

Post a Comment