God's sense of humor

Last night I posted about trying to remember scripture in times of struggle and how, at the end of the day the good Lord finally  showed me the verse as I was looking for inspiration on writing a post.

Well guess what He put in my box this morning via Holley Gerth:  http://holleygerth.com

Whatever is lovely...think about such things. {Php. 4:8}


Don't you just love how God never gives up on us... I do! His timing is impeccable and at times can be rather funny. It's like He's gently tapping me on the shoulder and saying..."Now remember Amy, this is where I want you to focus. Trust me on this."

I have to chuckle because I know how much He loves us and never gives up on His children, even those who may be a little stubborn (speaking for myself here..) So when He gives me something to consider and then brings it up over and over, I trust it's for good reason. You see, He wants to mature us in His love so that with everyday we are given, we, through His love, begin to look more like His Son, Jesus.

Now, if you aren't familiar with Holley's site I highly encourage you to do so, she's such a sweet encourager. I guarantee once you read her blog posts you will take with you a wealth of information to help you along your walk with Christ while being reminded of how much He loves you!

As for little ol' me... I think I will take the hint and ponder on God's sweet words in Philippians 4:8 - "Finally brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things."

Until next time dear friends,
Blessings & best wishes,
 photo signature_zpsb12c9ce6.png

No comments:

Post a Comment